I have no previous art experience or it’s been a long time, where do I start?
I love teaching beginners. I start by teaching basic drawing. This entails how to use your right brain and training your eye to see. Basic drawing takes between 9 – 12 hours to complete. Thereafter you can choose which medium and theme you want to learn.
If I am an advanced artist but I am stuck in a rut, or I just need a bit of feedback can I come?
Yes, I will give feedback on your work and help unlock your creative spirit. Sometimes we just need to have a fresh approach to get unstuck.
How big are the group classes?
I have 9 people at the most in a class.
What do I need to bring for the basic drawing classes?
You will need the following materials:
- Pencil set (HB, 2B, 4B, 6B,)
- Small Prestick or putty rubber
- A3 Sketchbook
I will give you advice about the quality and price of other art materials as you progress to new materials.
From what age do kids start?
I start kids around 12 years old. If you are not sure, I will do an assessment test to see if they are ready. My classes are small, and adults and kids are combined.
I’m unsure if this is the right class for me?
You are welcome to join me for just one lesson and see if this is what you want to learn and experience.
How do the payments work?
- If you want to join classes I will add you to my limited mailing list.
- You can then book a space by sending me a WhatsApp or SMS with the date and time you require.
- I will reply whether there is space in your requested class.
- You can then confirm your booking by making your payment.
- If there isn’t space in your requested class I will add you to the waiting list and Whatapp you if I receive a cancellation.
- If you booked and confirmed your booking but are unable to attend I ask for 24 hours notice via Whatapp or SMS to receive credit for the cancelled class that you can then reschedule.
- If you are unable to attend and it is less than 24 hours before the class I would appreciate a courtesy message that you will not attend.
- You can book a single class per week or per month or 3 days in one week. Whatever works for you.
I want to stop attending classes?
If you would appreciate if you give a months’ notice so I can contact others on the waiting list to add them to the limited mailing list.
I’m unable to attend a class due to illness or other commitments. Now what?
If you booked and confirmed your booking but are unable to attend I ask for 24 hours notice via Whatapp or SMS to receive credit for the cancelled class that you can then reschedule. If you are unable to attend and it is less than 24 hours before the class I would appreciate a courtesy message that you will not attend.
I sent you a message that I can’t attend but I didn’t get a reply. Now what?
Please check that the message is sent and read. I will always reply when I receive it within reasonable hours. If you sent a message and I did not receive it, you will forfeit the class because I was unable to use the place. Technology does fail us sometimes, so please check.
What happens when a lesson is cancelled?
On the rare occasion that Sanchi do have to cancel a class, you will be notified via Whatapp. You will receive credit for this class.
Will my car be safe?
I do have parking behind gates with additional security.
Do you have some examples of what people create at Art in Alberton?
Art in Alberton has a closed Facebook Group where I post most of the finished works.